Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initialization of variables

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Initialization of variables
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:14:13 +0200

As Iztok Zupet wrote:

> Sorry to ask it here, but I'd like to know if that means that the current CVS
> version  for avr-objcopy (Linux)  supports avr coff format ?

No, you need the beta test patch, and it's currently only available against
binutils 2.13.2.1.  I'd first fix the known problems, then if nothing else
comes up, i'll move it forward to match the CVS version of binutils, and
submit it to the GNU folks for inclusion.  Note that the generation of
coff-avr and coff-ext-avr itself is a relatively minor issue, the biggest
point is the part that writes the COFF debugging information.  This single
source file is close to 100 KB by itself.

But of course, the published patch will work on Linux as well.  I've been
doing all the development work on FreeBSD, Win32 binaries have then kindly
been provided by Eric Weddington only for the beta tests.