[avr-gcc-list] Simulation / Hex File mismatch

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Simulation / Hex File mismatch
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I seem to have encountered a problem, possibly a bug.

I have this fairly complex program (RTOS), which
doesn't work properly in hardware (at90s8515 + stk500)
using the -Os setting (works OK with the -O0 setting).
It does modify some stack and stuff so I'm prepared to
accept that optimizations might break stuff, so i've
got to fix it. But thats not the thing, the thing is
that it works fine on other chips (Mega16 and mega169)
in hardware with the -Os setting. OK, so its just an
issue with that type of avr. But when I load the .cof
file generated by running make extcoff or make coff
into AVR Studio 4, it simulates just fine. AVR
Studio's simulator is telling me the program works
like it should.

Luckily however my trusty ICE200, again with AVR
Studio 4 and the .cof file, tell me the program
doesn't work (which is the actual case).

I've moved project directories around and stuff so I
know i'm getting a fresh cof file, any ideas?

  -Colin