[avr-gcc-list] TWI with built in oscillator

From: Hársszegi Tibor
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] TWI with built in oscillator
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:39:42 +0200

Hi guys,

have tried to analize the TWI example in the libc manual,
but it gave me the idea that I can't use the 1Mhz internal oscillator
for TWI, since the resulting TWBR would be way to small (the datasheet
for ATmega8 tells me that it (TWBR) should be at least 10 if operating
in Master mode). So could someone give me some hints about that -
I mean how to "adjust" the SCL frequency? Have tried to search the
archives, but wat not lucky enough to find anything ;(
My other question, how can I set the internal oscillator's frequency
higher than 1Mhz SAFELY (i.e. how can I read the calibration bytes
runtime to set OSCCAL CORRECTLY!!!) -> If I need to go for higher
speeds because of SCL clock freq.
Thanks!
Cheers,

t.