Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem reading from EEPROM

From: Arthur Goldhammer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem reading from EEPROM
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:45:53 -0400

Ted Roth wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about exactly what you are saying that uisp can't
> do that you can do in windows. Your makefile rules look like the
> correct approach when using uisp.
>
> Are you wanting to program both the flash and eeprom with a single
> invocation of uisp?
>
> I just checked the 8515 datasheet and the SPI Chip Erase will always
> erase both the flash and the eeprom at the same time. Thus, you will
> always have to reprogram the eeprom when the device is erased.

Ted,
Yes, you're right. I wanted to program the flash and eeprom separately, but,
as you point out, it can't be done on the 8515. I'd never actually tried it
on Windows but assumed it could be  done because the Ateml ISP program had
separate commands for loading flash and eeprom. I guess I was misled.

This attempt with uisp was my first foray into eeprom programming on the
8515. I had assumed that
uisp --segment=flash --erase would erase only the flash, not the eeprom. I
was wrong. Thanks for straightening me out.

Art