[avr-gcc-list] ".org" in external asm file

From: Thomas Rehm
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ".org" in external asm file
Date: 19 Jul 2003 20:39:00 +0100

Hi,

how can I set a table of bytes to a specific address correctly?

I put assembly code with an interrupt routine and a table on an absolute
address in an external assembler file. The C routine communicate via
global register variables with the interrupt. - So far it works.

But I have a problem to define where I want to have my table.
The table in the asm file looks like this:
  .org 0x100
  SINTAB:
  .byte 0x80,0x82,0x85,0x88,0x8C,0x8F,0x92,0x95
After compiling this I found the table somewhere higher in the binary.
After some hacking I found ".org 0xA2" will set the table address to 0x100
in the compiled binary. - It works, but it's not that pretty...

Any hint?

Thanks,
Tom.