Re: [avr-gcc-list] Homebrew ICE? - level shifters

From: Derick Schoonbee
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Homebrew ICE? - level shifters
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:01:12 +0200

Hi,

Larry Barello suggested the use of MAX3378 level shifters which sounds
fairly tempting to me (e. g. they'd cover the entire allowable target
Vcc range).

Any links more info? I googled around but did not get any hits.. (also on conrad.com/.fr which I use as supplier)

Also, when you consider the Maxim chip handles both directions, then it
would do the work of two 74HC chips, which would take up more board space
than this one Maxim chip.

What do you mean by 'both directions' ? +Vcc & -Vcc ??? (I'm a bit lost here)