[avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for Win32 systems

From: Stephan Eisvogel
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Experimental WinAVR/avr-gcc update for Win32 systems
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:32:55 +0200

Hi list,

I  just  got  started  with avr-gcc as part of a nice side-project I'm
working  on,  and  so  far  have been using WinAVR-20030424's gcc as a
compiler. My target is a 8515 which will be exchanged for an ATmega162
shortly.  I  noticed WinAVR is a little bit dated and its gcc has some
rather   serious  bugs  when  optimizing.  I've  built  some  embedded
toolchains  in  my  student's job before, so I made a toolchain update
for WinAVR:

binutils   2.14 + info_fix
gcc        3.3.1 + mingw32_patch + combine-fix + info_fix
avr-libc   0.99.90.20030815

I have put up some pre-compiled binaries together with a README at:

  http://www.hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~eisvogel/avrgcc/

I  didn't particularly like this one combiner bug... *ouch*. Please be
aware  that  these  tools  didn't  get  the  testing  and beating that
WinAVR's stuff has gone through, so beware.

Regards,
Stephan