[avr-gcc-list] Watchdog wakeup from sleep mode?

From: Josh Pieper
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Watchdog wakeup from sleep mode?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 07:34:14 -0400

Hi,

I'm working on an AVR project that I need to be low power, but can't
rely on externel interrupt wake-up events occuring to wake up the
device from sleep.  Therefore I think the watchdog timer is my best
bet for a low-power means of wakeing up from power-down mode.
However, the avr-gcc and avr-libc seem hardwired to erase the entire
BSS space any time a watchdog reset is received.... even it was
received in sleep mode.

Is there an easy way to work around this?  I'm working with an
ATmega8535 and ATTiny26 at the moment, but I think the problem is
applicable to most AVR devices.

Thanks,
Josh Pieper

--