Re: [avr-gcc-list] I am porting uC/OS-II into the Mega8515 but it doesn

From: Julius Luukko
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] I am porting uC/OS-II into the Mega8515 but it doesn't seem to work.
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:10:53 +0300

On Thursday 11 September 2003 07:49, Julius Luukko wrote:
> > I have to replace Julius's os_cpu_a.asm "call" into "rcall" because
> > mega8515 only accept this. ("call" is a invalid opcode in Mega8515?)
>
> That's a bit surprising to me, since the data sheet of mega8515 lists
> "call". Why doesn't avr-as allow this?
>
> In order to the assembler code be usable with avrs that doesn't have a
> "call" instruction but only "rcall", what is the best way to check this. Do
> I have to check every chip like this
>
> #if defined(__AVR_AT90S2313__) || defined(__AVR_AT90S4433__) || # etc
>
> or is there any other way. I need to have the "call" instruction for bigger
> chips, since depending on the uC/OS-II configuration, the subroutines might
> be located too far for calling them with rcall.

I noticed an avr-as option -mall-opcodes. With that, "call" is accepted even
with mega8515 as the target. Will the code work with this option? I don't
have mega8515 to test with, but I can try to find the time to simulate it
with AVRStudio.

--
D.Sc. Julius Luukko
Laboratory of Control Engineering/Department of Electrical Engineering