[avr-gcc-list] Mfile -- Makefile generator for AVR-GCC

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Mfile -- Makefile generator for AVR-GCC
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:41:18 +0100 (MET)

Though I know that Programmer's Notepad 2 plans to eventually add
project management features in a future version that will simplify the
way to generate Makefiles, I decided to start a small project of a
Makefile generator for AVR-GCC, since it is /the/ most frequently
requested item as it seems (in particular for beginners), and
basically to provide something that is available /right now/.

This is explicitly not intended to become the all-singing all-dancing
Makefile generator for any architecture on earth, it rather
concentrates on AVR-GCC, based on the WinAVR Makefile template
although it's not strictly restricted to that template.  Thus, it
ought to be possible to e. g. adapt this also to Unix systems (as I'm
using one of those myself), taking away the burden of manually
templating a Makefile for each new little project.

Yet, I feel what I've got now is fairly complete for its purpose, so
not much further development on it is planned.  I've already spent a
few more hours into it than originally planned.

I guess Eric Weddington will pick this up for the next WinAVR release,
but that'll be a month or two ago still.  In the interim, please grab
it directly from:

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/mfile/