Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp serial programming

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp serial programming
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:43:40 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Simon Han wrote:

> Hi,
>       The question is related to uisp.  I am sorry if I send to wrong
> list.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of data I will see at avr side
> when I ask uisp to send srec to serial port.

This depends on which programmer uisp is told to it is talking to. Different
programmers speak different protocols.

> I would like to catch uisp output at AVR microcontroller and do a in
> system programming myself.  For S-record, do I get the ASCII format?

By the time the target sees the rom image data, uisp has already read in the
Srec data and converted it to binary.

Sounds like you want to emulate an ISP programmer that uisp supports. If