Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: USB?

From: Hermann Kraus
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: USB?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:44:44 +0100

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:16:04 -0800, Frank Van Hooft <address@hidden> wrote:

Just a thought...

Texas Intruments has been recently advertising their new USB-to-serial interface chip, the TUSB3410. It looks rather simple to interface to. (I've not used it yet though.)

Frank.

Hello!

This IC is quite usefull as it contains an 8052 µC with 16kB code ram and 2kb data ram. The firmware can either be loaded directly from the host or from an external I2C eeprom.

I've used this IC for two applications:
For communication of an msp430 with my host application (Linux software using libusb).
And currently I'm developing a standalone IRDA-dongle (not finished, yet).

I can provide you with a full set of developement tools for linux:
- Bootloader (userlevel and kernelmodule)
- I2C-Eeprom programmer
- Header generator for eeprom firmware
- Firmware (compileable with the free SDCC)

Just ask me if you want them.

Hermann