Re: [avr-gcc-list] DIY Serial Port Programmer for AVR

From: Christopher X. Candreva
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] DIY Serial Port Programmer for AVR
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:30:55 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Steven Chang-Lin Yu wrote:

> I want to build a starter kit of AVR for my university, however most of
> the DIY programmer on the net seems to be using the parallel port to do
> the downloading code, is there any serial port programmer design that I
> can have a look?

One of the Atmel application notes gives the code on how to make a serial
programmer that uses the stk-500 protocol, spoken by uisp.  It uses an
AT90S1200 if I recall correctly.

It's in IAR assembler, if someone has translated it to gcc you might find it
at www.avrfreaks.net

Chris Candreva  -- address@hidden -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/