Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega reset and brown-out reliability

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega reset and brown-out reliability
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:28:08 +1000

4 Feb 2004 15:42 J.C. Wren wrote:
>     Does anyone have any bad experiences with the reset and/or brown-out
> detector on the ATMegas?  I'd like to eliminate the external reset
> generator that I traditionally used with the non-Mega parts.  All my
> previous Mega designs have used the same reset generator since I knew it
> was a trusted solution, and volume wasn't high enough to be concerned
> about the cost.  Now, I'd like to save the money and the little bit of
> board space on this design.

ATmega163: the big hysteresis of a threshold level at very much
slow change of a power voltage. At me some examples are written
down (BOD set to 4.0V):
        4.2 / 3.8 V
        4.07 / 3.75 V
At speed 0.01 - 0.02 V/sec and higher, hysteresis and level are OK.

However, I always use chip's BOD (except for mega161).

Regards.