Re: [avr-gcc-list] definition of memeory section

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] definition of memeory section
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:13:00 +0100 (MET)

Julius Luukko <address@hidden> wrote:

> I doubt that any of the documentation I would find on stabs mentions
> anything about .stab section NOT being transfered to the target
> device.

Probably not, but well, you control what you transfer to your target
by whatever section you name in your `avr-objcopy' command that
creates the target's load file.  Of course, you're free to also copy
..stab and .stabstr there :-), but it wouldn't make much sense.  IMHO,
it would be more useful if the entire process would be documented, so
people actually understood what happens in their avr-objcopy commands.

It's not always only .text and .data.  Sometimes you might also want
to create a load file e. g. from section .bootloader.

Of course, as always: volunteers welcome.  Most appreciated as a
context diff for the doxygen documentation. ;-)