AW: [avr-gcc-list] Student needs help

From: Andreas Trenkwalder
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Student needs help
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:41:41 +0100

Hi,

> I was hoping to use the SPI functions from avrlib[1]. Can I
> use then 'out the box' or will I need to modify them?

The drivers from avrlib are very basic, if you have special needs you have
to modify them or write your own. Also have a look at the spiInit function -
maybe you have to modify initalisation for communication with your spi
slave.

> Does anyone know how I can contact the maintainer for avrlib?
> I am getting compiler errors. And can't work out how to fix them.
Try a google search for Pascal Stang I found his email address this way. But
have not too mutch hope. I wrote him a mail cause I found an error in the
timer system. Got no reply at all. Anyway in the new release (22. Feb) the
error is corrected so i think the email address is/was correct.

> Secondly, in the docs for glibc (avr version) in the simple
> project section, there is this section of code:

[snip]
> What of this do I need?
#if defined(__AVR_AT90S2313__)
#  define OC1 PB3
[snip]
This are only makros to make the code portable. On diffrent AVRs pins have
diffrent assignments. To circumvent this you can use macros that are
evaluated at compiletime like the one you have posted.

> I am using the Atmega162, does anyone
> have simple c source file, which outlines the basic set up I
> need for an Atmega162 program, that I could take for inspiration?
Can't help you with this, i never used the ATmega162.

> Does anyone have any further documentation or code examples,
> of using the internal CRC functions for varifying Memory integrity?

Have a look at www.avrfreaks.net . Maybe you find something useful in the
forums or academy section.

Cheers,
Andreas