Re: [avr-gcc-list] invalid lvalue in unary '&'

From: Ned Konz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] invalid lvalue in unary '&'
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:01:15 -0800

On Monday 15 March 2004 8:20 am, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm tryng to compile the SOSSE project (Simple Operating System for Smart
> Card Education).
> Until now I've compiled an hal-emu version, and all was ok , but when I
> try to o build the HEX files starting  make I have....
>

> hal.c:47: error
>  invalid lvalue in unary `&'
>
> sorry if my question is stupid, it's my first avr-gcc experience.
>
> Thanx to anybody would help me....and to the others too :-)

Well, since we can't see the offending hal.c source unless we do a lot of
searching, it's hard to tell.

However, "invalid lvalue" usually means that whatever's on the left side of an
assignment-like expression isn't correct, for one reason for another.

Care to share a few lines around line 47 of hal.c (along with any declarations
and definitions of anything in those lines)?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com