[avr-gcc-list] 'avr-size' strange thing...

From: John Yannakopoulos
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] 'avr-size' strange thing...
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:24:23 +0200 (EET)

Hi all!

At first, I' m doing a avr-size to the object files (.o) of my code to
get the section information (text, data, bss) of each one. Secondly, after
linking, doing a avr-size to the a.out executable, the .text segment size
seems to be approx. twice the sum of the .text segment size of each of the
object files. Is there any idea what's happening here? What extra information
the linker adds to the executable file, double-sizing the total .text bytes?
This weird thing has gotten me out of my mind and I cannot find relevant
information anywhere. Please help...

Thanks in advance, best regards,

--
John Yannakopoulos.