[avr-gcc-list] Resetting the chip from software to hook the bootloader

From: Mike van Meeteren
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Resetting the chip from software to hook the bootloader
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:11:50 -0600

<x-flowed>
I'm trying to force the chip to reset from a main program so as to force the chip to run the bootloader. I figured with the bootloader fuse blown, that a watchdog timeout would jump to either 0 or the bootloader depending on the fuse, but apparently it just jumps to zero without regard for the fuse.

I realize I can just stick a "jmp 0x1c00" in the code, but I hate sticking in literal addresses in case I ever relocate the bootloader.

-Mike