Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega48, mega88, mega168 support

From: Geir Botterli
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega48, mega88, mega168 support
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:35:17 +0200 (CEST)

Theodore A. Roth sa:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Galen Seitz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm attempting to add support for the mega48, mega88, and possibly the
>> mega168.  Is the mega168 an avr4 or avr5 architecture?  What are the
>> differences between avr4 and avr5?
>
> This is done already:
>
>   http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=2923
>
> Testing would be appreciated. ;-)

Ah, this is good news :) I was just trying to create mega48 support by
creating a headerfile and edit the io.h. But I got some errors during the
linker phase. I have a small project using the mega48 going on (currently
using IAR...) and I'll be happy to test if someone could make the
necessary binaries/files available for drop-in into the latest WinAVR
distribution. Or is there a recipe on how to build these myself somewhere?

-Geir