Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDUDE and ATtiny2313?

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDUDE and ATtiny2313?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:39:20 -0400

Hi Bob,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 02:00:18PM -0400, Bob Paddock wrote:

> There does not seem to be a way to set the STK500 frequency from the
> AVRDUDE command line?

Apparently not - I remember discussing something related to this a
while back, but as of yet, it hasn't been done.

But you should be able to hack your local copy of AVRDUDE to make the
call to 'stk500_set_fosc()' after the call to 'pgm->open()', but
before 'pgm->enable()' from within the main procedure.

Eventually this feature will be added so you won't have to keep this
hack forever.

> The reset pin operation depends on the setting of the fuse bits,
> does that make reset dedicated or io?

If the /RESET pin is shared with an I/O pin, set the reset disposition
to 'io'.  Otherwise, if the /RESET pin is dedicated to its own pin
with no secondary function, set it to 'dedicated'.  The default is
'dedicated'.

-Brian