Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANNOUNCE] avr-libc-1.0.4 released.

From: Carl Dietz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANNOUNCE] avr-libc-1.0.4 released.
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:22:48 -0500

Thanks for the new update!

I was able to install it OK, but only when I disregarded what the ./INSTALL file said and built it according to the doc/INSTALL instructions. When I follow the instructions in ./INSTALL (using ./configure in the top directory), I didn't get the crtm*.o files built or installed. But when I followed the instructions in doc/INSTALL (using ./doconf & ./domake), all was well.

Searching the archives, I see that this was a recurring problem for past releases. Would it be possible to update the outdated ./INSTALL file (dated 2002-07-05) to match the doc/INSTALL file (dated 2002-11-08)? This might help newbies to avoid this problem in the future.

Thanks,

Carl

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

Hi,

I've just released avr-libc-1.0.4. The source tarballs are available
here:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/

All the files are PGP signed by me for those who care about such things.

See the NEWS and ChangeLog for info on what has changed since 1.0.3.

Enjoy.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9