Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc code generation and initialization of the re

From: Torleif Sandnes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc code generation and initialization of the return stack
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:24:31 +0200

To make sure my point is made: The *only* problem is step-out-of and
step-over on elf/dwarf objects from *avr-gcc*. All other debug
functionality for elf/dwarf objects are ok. (This will not concern any
current users, since the parser of such files is not
 yet released)

We are currently working to fix the step-over/out-of problem.

Is this problem specific to AvrStudio?

Unless you have changed the serial protocol that the mkII uses, I would
like to think that gdb/avarice users are not affected by this (we still
use stabs for gdb/avarice though).

This is a problem in the firmware on the different platforms and will probably be a problem using stabs objects produced by avr-gcc for gdb/avarice too.

Torleif