Re: [avr-gcc-list] "Why me?" UART problem.

From: Laszlo
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] "Why me?" UART problem.
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:03:58 -0700

Christian, noway - I saw the graphs in the first message you sent. They were very helpful, actually. I trimmed them out of my reply, though. My apologies if I confused.

And colin, I noticed that nearly-NOT'ed effect in Chris's graphs there. I have an 8515 with MVS BASIC on it. They give a one diode/two resistor scematic for connecting that directly to RS-232. I'm betting now that they just stuck in a software UART NOT'ing everything, including the start/stop bits, faking out the PC.

When I looked at the graphs I had a tine little "eureka" moment. Thanks everyone. :)

Laszlo

Christian Vogel wrote:

exactly, and I even made nice graphs which unfortunately were eaten
by the list-software :-(, so here is the short version...
--

"That's the last time *I* answer to the name 'Sarah Conner'!" - me