Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega64

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega64
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:53:46 +0200 (MET DST)

"Graham Davies" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone want to comment on this?  Am I wrong to think that
> people would use ICE if it was affordable?

Commercial enterprises probably don't have much problems spending USD
300 into the Atmel ICE (given that it can save many hours of
developer's time).

I noticed that hobbyist users apparently started using the JTAG ICE
now that low-priced versions are available, either through vendors
like Olimex, or by just rolling your own.  The Olimex part is about
the same price as yours I believe.  (OK, yours is smaller, but I
personally wouldn't care much about that.)

>  Should I not mention stuff
> I'd like to sell on this list?

It would IMHO be more suitable to followup on this on the avr-chat
list (same server, just a different list).