[avr-gcc-list] pwm

From: IMC
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] pwm
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:54:36 +0100

Hi all.

I have been playing with the PWM functionality of the mega8. I am a little
confused with it though.

Using the 16 bit timer, TCNT1 I thought I would be able to vary the pulse
whilst keeping the period constant. I have managed this with TCNT2 - 8 bit
version. This all seemed to work fine. Is it me or is the PWM just period
modulation for PWM based on TCNT1?

If it is possible, does anyone know the registers to affect to implement
this. I had currently been working with TCCR1A and TCCR1B and changing the
OCCR1A register thinking this would change the pulse width but it just
changed the period.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Trev