RE: [avr-gcc-list] Jtag ice

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Jtag ice
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:26:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Steve @ Franks Development, LLC wrote:

> > Was your project using the watchdog reset? That kinda makes
> > it tough to do ICE debugging when the watchdog reset's the system.
>
> No watchdog; As I mentioned, it *only* happens when the jtagice dongle is
> plugged in.  Unplug it, the program executes normally.
>
> > I've seen my systems mysteriously reset quite often. Every
> > time it's been because of a bad pointer in my code.
>
> No pointers (this is a good tip to remember though); just a PORTA = blah
> statement...

I just remembered another time I've seen this. I have a home made
jtagice that is 5V only. I had it plugged into a mega128 sitting in an
stk501/500 which I didn't realize had the Vtg set to 3.3V. Strangeness
unsued until discovered the voltage was wrong.

How are you powering the butterfly and the jtagice box? You probably
what to have external power to the jtagice box.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden