Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR simulator and interrupts

From: James Fitzsimons
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR simulator and interrupts
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:56:36 +0100

Hi Klaus,
Thanks for your reply.

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 20:17, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> You must set the irq flag, please insert a
> asm("sei");
> somewhere after initialisation your timer to enable the cpu executing
> the irq handler.

Yes, I realise it was a bit of a stupid mistake, but I am brand new to
the AVR and still have much to learn! ;-)

> You will see (trace below) the following (maybe a bit differnt because
> you have not
> the same version of the simulator)
> As you can see at time 10500 to 11000 there is the value named flag read
> from 0x0060 into register, inverted
> and wrote back to 0x0060. Thats all and it looks that the irq works as
> it  should.

Just tried this a little while ago and it all works exactly as you said.
I hadn't been using the trace functionality so it was good to try this.

Do interrupts work with gdb and DDD as well?

After putting the sei() in immediately before I start the timer I now
get a hang in DDD/gdb as I step into the for loop...

The following appears in the gdb command window of DDD:

(gdb) next
(gdb) next
0x0000000e in __vectors ()
(gdb) next
Single stepping until exit from function __vectors,
which has no line number information.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help,
James Fitzsimons