Re: [avr-gcc-list] Code Optimisation question re: volatile

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Code Optimisation question re: volatile
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:52:00 +0200 (MET DST)

As "Svein E. Seldal" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> ... do you think the GCC folks could be
>> braught to accept such a patch?

>Yes I believe they would. You (or I :) ) could always try.

I'm in the hope that you've got the better reputation there...

> Usually the gcc team is very easy to convince while others you have
>to really fight.

Good to hear.

>If the patch is simple and clean, I guess that this wont be a problem
>at all.

The current patch can for example be found via

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/devel/avr-gcc/files/patch-binary-constants?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

It's taken against the 3.4.x branch.  I'd see whether it still fits
for the CVS head before submitting it.

>( I just remembered that the author of this patch needs an copyright
>assignment with FSF to enable checkin into gcc, regardless of who
>proposes the patch to GCC. Who's the author? )

I'm the author of it.  By now, I've only got the paperwork done for
binutils, but I'd take this as an occasion to also do it for GCC.