Re: [avr-gcc-list] internal error: out of range error (Dafni & Robert Be

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] internal error: out of range error (Dafni & Robert Berger)
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 07:50:21 -0600

On 3 Sep 2004 at 8:57, Dafni & Robert Berger wrote:

> >Dafni & Robert Berger wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I am hitting the famous "out of range error", cause by an odd number of
> data
> >>bytes inserted in the .text section.
> >>
> >>This innocent line of code, which tries to put some version info into ROM
> >>causes the error:
> >>
> >>const char      max7219_C_VER[] PROGMEM = "@(#) $Id: max7219.c,v 0.0
> >>2004/01/25 18:58:09Dafni Exp $";

<snip>

> >I don't see anything obvious jumping out at me in the above.
> >
> >Could you post the actual compiler error? I assume that it refers to the
> >line that you mentioned above.
> >
> >Eric
>
> Well, that's intersting.
> It does not.
> Just by linking the library with the offending line, you get errors in other
> files,
> which, if you don't link this specific library are compiling and even
> executing fine.

So, if I understand you correctly, you're trying to put a program space string
into a library, to be
able to link it in to your main program later, and that an odd number of
characters in the string
causes all these errors, but an even number of characters in the string works
fine?

That is an odd error....

Eric