[avr-gcc-list] [VOTE] objdump patch

From: Svein E. Seldal
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] [VOTE] objdump patch
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:55:30 +0200

Hi

It seems like there are several preferences on how the new objdump with symbols output should look like.

To make a decision more fair (and to do a little experiment), I will now arrange a vote on the syntax of the objdump patch. Here are the choices:

A) The old format (as it is today):

20c:       02 c0           rjmp    .+4         ; 0x212

B) New syntax which is easier and faster to read

20c:       02 c0           rjmp    0x212 <.do_copy_data_start>     ; .+4

C) Similar to B) only without excessive comment. My vote.

20c:       02 c0           rjmp    0x212 <.do_copy_data_start>

D) Similar to the old format. The symbol is located in the comment

20c:       02 c0           rjmp    .+4    ; 0x212 <.do_copy_data_start>

I will keep the vote open out september. In fear of being accused of cheating, I will only count the votes that have been sent to the avr-gcc list.

I hope I'm not violating any mailing-list rules. If I am, please forgive me for being naive/uninformed and please tell me ASAP.

Regards,
Svein