Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: internal error: out of range error (Theodore A. R

From: Ned Konz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: internal error: out of range error (Theodore A. Roth)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:54:46 -0700

On Saturday 11 September 2004 6:14 am, Dafni & Robert Berger wrote:
> As you can see, there are multiple definitions of some symbols in the .x
> linker scripts.
>
> Also it's a matter of style, but I like to write small modules, which end
> up in libraries, which I can test and debug easily.

Given that there's the 'weak' attribute, why not just use this so that you
don't need separate scripts?

 `weak'
      The `weak' attribute causes the declaration to be emitted as a weak
      symbol rather than a global.  This is primarily useful in defining
      library functions which can be overridden in user code, though it
      can also be used with non-function declarations.  Weak symbols are
      supported for ELF targets, and also for a.out targets when using
      the GNU assembler and linker.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com