[avr-gcc-list] ANNOUNCE: Avrora Beta 1.2.0

From: Ben L. Titzer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ANNOUNCE: Avrora Beta 1.2.0
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:18:03 -0700

The UCLA Compilers Group is happy to announce the immediate availability of a new version of our AVR simulator, Avrora, version Beta 1.2.0.

Avrora is an open source, clean and fast AVR simulator written in Java. It combines a clean software architecture, well-defined abstractions, and novel implementation techniques to provide a complete cycle-accurate simulation of AVR microcontrollers and sensor networks based on the "mica2" platform.

It features:

* Fast, cycle accurate simulation of machine-code programs.
* Three input formats: Atmel syntax, GAS syntax, and avr-objdump format.
* Support for breakpoints and watchpoints.
* Flexible extension points for developers.
* Scalable threading model for multi-node simulation.
* Support for almost all ATMega128L on-chip devices.
* Support for LEDs and the CC1000 radio on the "mica2" platform.
* Control flow graph utilities.
* Greater than real-time performance.
* Stack analysis tool.
* Clean, well-documented Java API.
* Complete simulation of entire sensor networks.
* Profiling and monitoring API unmatched in any other simulation framework.

Check it out:

http://compilers.cs.ucla.edu/avrora

Source and binary archives available, along with complete online documentation!

We hope that Avrora may offer the TinyOS and AVR communities a great simulation platform for developing and studying microcontroller programs and sensor networks.

If you have any questions, feel free to email us!

Thank you,
Ben L. Titzer

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
--Wernher Von Braun