Re: [avr-gcc-list] Testers needed

From: Ned Konz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Testers needed
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:10:03 -0700

On Saturday 18 September 2004 6:00 pm, Richard Urwin wrote:
> I have just released version 1.0.4 of Micro Autocode and I could do with
> any feedback you people could give me. I've written one full-sized
> project using it, but there's a limit to what one man can do.
>
> http://microautocode.sourceforge.net
>
> Currently it compiles code for the AVR1200, and is designed to work
> under the radar of gcc, on those controllers C is unsuitable for.
>
> Do you find it interesting or crazy? Is it something you would consider
> using, or wouldn't you use it even if everyone else was? Please let me
> know.

It's a wonderful idea. It may represent a good way for people to program for
the RAM-less ATTiny15L, which is an excellent little chip with a fast PWM
output (great for miscellaneous power supply and DDS (direct digital
synthesis) applications).

I've long been a believer in using appropriate languages for a given
application, and C has some assumptions and limitations that don't make it a
great fit for really small processors or for quick, one-off projects done by
non-programmers.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com