Re: [avr-gcc-list] why are the whole source lines not all visible in .ls

From: gouy yann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] why are the whole source lines not all visible in .lst?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:15:22 +0200 (CEST)

 --- "E. Weddington" <address@hidden> a écrit :
> gouy yann wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >i don't know if it is exactly the rigth mailing
> list
> >but, IMHO, it seems not that bad.
> >
> >most of the time, the source lines are not visible
> in
> >.lst file for static functions.
> >
> >at first, I think it was because they got "inlined"
> >but some weren't (some we're called via pointers to
> >them) and the behaviour finally seems more chaotic
> >than this first quick explanation.
> >
> >I've done some tests giving avr-objdump the
> following
> >parameters "avr-objdump -h -S -x -d -s -g -t -T -a
> -f
> >-p" (the big list :) ).
> >it appears that the debugging informations in the
> .elf
> >file gives the exact fit between the source line
> and
> >the asm address.
> >
> >so, is this a bug in avr-objdump or a misuse of the
> >parameters?
> >
> >I'm using WinAVR 20040720 but I've noticed the same
> >behaviour in the previous versions.
> >

> The parameters that are used to generate the .lst
> file can be found in
> the WinAVR makefile template (and the MFile makefile
> template, as they
> are the same).

that's what I'm using with much satisfaction.

> There is no particular standard or magic about them;
> Feel free to change
> the parameters as you see fit in your makefile. The
> whole point was to
> provide a suitable mixed C and assembly listing.
>
> If somebody happens to come across a better set of
> parameters that works
> across optimization settings then let the list know
> and we'll see about
> changing the makefile template.
>
> FYI, the .lss file seems to be ok for me. The only
> down side is that it
> contains your entire source code. It's not per
> module. Let me know what
> you think.

the fact it contains my entire project is not a
downside.
the problem is it doesn't contains the whole source
code whereas it is available in the debugging
information.
running the code with avr-gdb and simulavr shows me
the right lines of code associated with the right asm
code.
the problem is with avr-objdump apparently.

regards.
    Yann

> Eric

=====

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour
dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. A télécharger gratuitement sur
http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com