[avr-gcc-list] RE: [avr-libc-dev] WinAVR

From: Gavin Jackson
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] RE: [avr-libc-dev] WinAVR
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:43:01 +1300

Hi Roy

The list you probably want to direct your question to is the
AVR-GCC list address@hidden
The list you directed your question to deals with the libc
development and is used by people using both Windows and Linux
platforms for their development. Since WinAVR is a windows
only build of the development tools, the Linux people aren't
interested in it.

http://winavr.sourceforge.net/download/install_config_WinAVR.pdf
contains some information on configuring and setting up a
project using WinAVR.

What part of the process are you having a problem with. You'll
find that people all do things differently. I like to have all
my files (source and config) in one folder and an object folder
below it that contains all object and list files. I've had to
modify the make file to achieve this and I use a batch file to
build my project. Some people use Programmers Notepad to manage
the whole project.

Cheers

Gavin
Auckland