Re: [avr-gcc-list] Feature request - compiler warningfor"if"stmtsthat do

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Feature request - compiler warningfor"if"stmtsthat do nothing
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:52:39 -0500

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 12:33 pm, E. Weddington wrote:

> Oh, sure, I've heard mixed things about MISRA. I was just curious if
> anyone had a good free link.

http://www.misra.org.uk/ is the MISRA home.

You can find a list of the MISRA rules here,

http://www.abxsoft.com/misra/index.html

 as part of Abraxas Software's, CodeCheck package.   Gimpel's Lint offers
similar MISRA functionality.

It is still necessary to buy the MISRA guide lines to learn the rational
behind each rule.

> > MISRA has just released version 2 of the guidelines.  I haven't seen
> > those yet.  I hope they're better.

I have the 2004 version in hand but have not gotten through much of it yet.

> > One can only hope they put more
> > people on the committee this time who actually know something about C.

They say as much at the start of the 2004 book.

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/