Re: [avr-gcc-list] Precision of 64-bit using 32-bit numbers

From: Ben L. Titzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Precision of 64-bit using 32-bit numbers
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:00:46 -0800

On Jan 18, 2005, at 8:39 AM, E. Weddington wrote:

Ganeriwal Saurabh wrote:

I am working on some applications on Atmel Atmega128 that requires a
precision of 64-bits. However, the maximum precision provded is 32-bit. I tried using doubledouble but it resulted in a compilation error. Is there an available library for emulating the 64-bit numerical operations such as
add, subtract, multiply, divide using 32-bit numbers.

Currently there is no abililty to do 64-bit (double) floating point math in avr-libc. Somebody would have to volunteer to add this to avr-libc; contributions are welcome.

If you are looking for 64-bit integer support, you may try using "long long" as the type.

avr-gcc-list mailing list

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
-- Thomas Edison