RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc for Windoz

From: Ben Mann
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc for Windoz
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:42:42 +0800

Hi Royce,

I don't use those extra tools either. I personally run all avr development
from within Visual Studio, and also use avrstudio. But the WinAVR package is
a convenient way to get everything installed with no extra effort.

I also use a Mac, and installing avr development tools on that requires
certain masochistic tendencies I've not yet become accustomed to. Or perhaps
I haven't quite understood the joy in downloading 60Mb of teTex (on dialup!)
in order to get avrdude compiling under the unix environment.

So I consequently find WinAVR a joy.