[avr-gcc-list] IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM LIST ADMIN -- READ ME NOW!

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM LIST ADMIN -- READ ME NOW!
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:26:48 +1300

Hi everyone,

After hosting the avr-gcc-list for around 4 years I have decided it needs a more permanent home with reliable internet connections and diversified administration/ownership. The various "free" services that are readily available have drawbacks that are not acceptable, such as advertising spam tagged onto messages. After consulting with a few members of the AVR community it was decided the best place was savannah.gnu.org where avr-libc and other avr related projects are hosted. Thanks to Joerg for doing the leg work to get this approved by the savannah admins.

address@hidden
address@hidden

Those of you who drink coffee or coke will have noticed there are 2 lists and yes you will receive invitations to join both. I would ask that everyone please make a serious attempt to separate their genuine avr-gcc posts from general avr-chat discussions, keep in mind that there are around 1000 subscribers and not everyone wants to know about a problem you have with an AVR powered flea collar you've been working on for the cat :)

A request to import the existing archives will be made to the savannah admins, hopefully this shouldn't take too long. There may be a few archive posts lost during the transition but short of banning all posts for a week I see no alternative.