[avr-gcc-list] buggy variable naming with underscores

From: Jamie Morken
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] buggy variable naming with underscores
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:55:20 -0800

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug, but I finally figured out why my motor wasn't
changing direction, and it is because the name of it had an underscore in it:

"volatile u08 motor_direction;"

So I changed it to this name:

"volatile u08 motorDirection;"

and it works now.  I check this variable in the interrupt:
"SIGNAL(SIG_OVERFLOW1)"

like this:

"if (motorDirection == 1)"

I have noticed other intermittent/hard to reproduce bugs with variables with
underscores in their names in winavr.  I tried earlier to make a simple program
showing the bug clearly, but the bug disappeared :)
I think it may only be when you try to access these variables from an ISR..

cheers,
Jamie