Re: [avr-gcc-list] Improving in leaps and skips!

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Improving in leaps and skips!
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:01:44 -0700

Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 06:56:30PM +0100, Rolf Ebert wrote:

My statement above is still true. Nested functions per se do work with current gcc and the Ada front end. It does not work to take addresses of nested functions, though. Obviously the generation of trampolines is deferred to the actual use of nested function pointers.

Trampolines can't work on the AVR because it is not possible to execute
code from writable memory.  Well, flash is writable with SPM if you are
really desperate... but it is slow and erase/write cycles are limited.
So the best we can do is to document the limitation and live with it.

Oh, well then I take back my suggestion I just sent about writing up an enhancement report.
I'm still catching up with my mail.... :-) Sorry for the noise.

Eric