Re: [avr-gcc-list] Diagnosing reboots

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Diagnosing reboots
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:26:40 +0100

As Bernard Fouché wrote:

> Well I'm trying with avr-gcc 3.4.3 to use -minit-stack=0x10FA (I'd
> like to keep away 5 bytes: I do some sort of circular buffer to have
> up to 4 reboot 'cause' + the current one) and when I look at
> main.sym, I see that __stack is still at 0x10FF.

Alas, the stack is still initialized at two different points.  I
think you're only catching one of them that way.

Better use __attribute__((section(".noinit")))

> However using (&__bss_end)+1 is okay

Ick.  It's not guaranteed to stay.  Unless some documentation
explicitly tells you to do so (thus making it an official interface),
better stay away from objects whose name starts with two underscores.