Re: [avr-gcc-list] Watching automatic variables in AVR Studio

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Watching automatic variables in AVR Studio
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:58:05 -0600

Torleif Sandnes wrote:

Wallace White wrote:

> Of course! Turning off optimization did the trick. Did I mention it's
> been a couple of years? ;)

Theoretically, the Dwarf debug information has arrangements for keeping track of variables through their lifetime in optimized code. I think I could add support for this in AVR Studio if avr-gcc put this information in the object files.

Hi Torleif,

If it can be done with DWARF2 and it's not in avr-gcc, then of course please fill out a GCC bug report.

Thanks
Eric