[avr-gcc-list] FW: Make question (how to)

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] FW: Make question (how to)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:53:42 -0700

I am using the (nice) makefile that comes with WinAvr.  I want to have it
build several variations.  So I define a bunch of targets and use each one
to define my parameters:

default: target1 all

all: begin gccversion sizebefore ...

target1:
        MCU=mega128
        SRC="this.c that.c ..."
        ASRC="this.S that.S ..."

target2:
        MCU=mega16
        ... etc.

But this doesn't work.  The SRC and ASRC are not substituted for the default
ones defined earlier in the makefile (MCU and other symbols are).

How do I do this?  What is the magic incantation to substitute a list?

----
Larry Barello
http://www.barello.net