Re: [avr-gcc-list] What method should I use to get started?

From: Tim
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What method should I use to get started?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:38:35 +0200 (CEST)

>It really depends on where you are starting from.

>Do you know C language?

Yes but I need to remind myself of it a bit.

>Have you ever worked with microcontrollers before?

No.

>Have you worked with cross compilers before? If so, which ones?

No.

>And it depends on what you are trying to do.
>What are you goals?

>What do you want to do with an AVR?

I don't know. I am just fascinated by hardware programming. I am considering a project where I will be displaying temperature and moisture on an LCD display.

Are there any specific type of AVR processor that is good for the above project as well as for getting started?

Thanks. I appreciate everyones response.