WG: [avr-gcc-list] Bug? dwarf-2/Astudio source level problem.

From: Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *
Subject: WG: [avr-gcc-list] Bug? dwarf-2/Astudio source level problem.
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:43:05 +0200

As much as I know, we are having 2 open bugs concerning dwarf2 and avrstudio:

1.) Affecting the bigger devices with > 64k Flash: Program memory space data
placed above the 64k boundary are not correctly handled since (1) we allocate 2
bytes in the dwarf2 information for the address label information and (2) we
store byte adresses. The leading most significant bit of word addresses is,
thus, always 0, resulting in the adresses above 64 being mapped to the lower
addresses. IIUC, this has caused problems when placing the bootloader above the
64k boundary.

2.) There is a bug concerning addressing of bitfields in structs and unions.
For some type of bitfields gcc generates wrong byte addresses.

Yours,

Björn