Re: [avr-gcc-list] Source in assembler listing

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Source in assembler listing
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:31:19 +1100

On Monday 23 May 2005 23:41, Tino wrote:
> 2-3 years ago "avr-gcc -Wa,-ahlms=x.lst -c -g -o x.o x.c" produced an
> assembler listing in x.lst where the source lines from the c-file where
> available as comments. This was fine because the assembler listing was
> easy to understand for larger programs.
>
> I currently use version 3.4.3 of avr-gcc. The option "Wa,-ahlms=x.lst"
> generated now a listing without any line of the c-source as comment. I
> can only follow the listing because the start and end of a subroutine is
> marked with comments. When I use gcc instead of avr-gcc the listing
> contains the c-source lines.

I have try with:
   avr-gcc (GCC) 3.4.3
   GNU assembler 2.15

In result:
  40                    foo:
   1:foo.c         **** int foo (int x)
   2:foo.c         **** {
  41                            .stabn 68,0,2,.LM1-foo
  56 0016 9A83                  std Y+2,r25
   3:foo.c         ****     return x+1;
  57                            .stabn 68,0,3,.LM2-foo

Line 4 (`**** }') is absent. (?)
With avr-gcc 3.3.5 all lines are present.