RE: [avr-gcc-list] Strings constant limitation?

From: Trampas
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Strings constant limitation?
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:37:11 -0400

Also be careful if you use a JTAG on the ATmega128's with a MAX232 on the
UART you need to place a series resistor between the MAX232 and the RX pin
of the UART.

The problem is the max232 will hold the RX pin high during reset of the
mega128 which will attempt to boot using ISP and JTAG will never work. Don't
ask how many hours it took for me to figure this out and get my board up and
running.

Regards,
Trampas