[avr-gcc-list] How often does your code not fit?

From: Ben L. Titzer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] How often does your code not fit?
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:44:29 -0700

Hello everyone,

I am wondering about the space optimizations in avr-gcc. How many of you have had problems fitting your code into the device that you are working on, and what do you normally do? Is it a large enough problem that you have had to hack your source code, or turn on compiler optimizations, or do linker tricks?

I was wondering because I am interested in studying the effect of different optimization passes in avr-gcc on the code size of the program.

Have any of you had this problem, and how many of have had code size issues?

Ben Titzer

The tools we use have a profound and devious influence on our thinking habits, and therefore on our thinking abilities.

--Edsgar W. Dijkstra